I recently made this Fake Snow for Finn, it was so easy to make and fun to play with. It was mouldable like Snow but crumbled back easily so can be used over again.
- A can of shaving foam or gel
- Baking Soda about 300/400g
I started by putting a full tub of baking soda into the box (200g).
I then slowly squirted in the shaving gel, mixing it as I went along. I used the whole can of shaving gel.
I then added more baking soda a bit at a time until it had the texture of snow.
It will look like this when it’s done. I then sprinkled in glitter and mixed it together. Due to the baking Soda when its first made it will expand when you mix it together so it’s best to play with it straight away.
We recently made this Edible mud & worms it was so much fun! Finn loved it.
It was really easy to make, I just combined a few different methods I found online. I just guessed the amounts as well and mixed until it was the right consistency but below is roughly what I used.
- 3 X packets of chocolate angel delight (but you could combine flour and coco powder if you prefer)
- About 3 tablespoons of baking powder
- About 8 tablespoons of flour
- A cup of water – just add gradually and stir until it’s the right consistency. Thick like wet mud but not too runny.
- About 3 tablespoons of cooking oil just to thicken it up.
I mixed all the dry ingredients, then slowly added the water and oil mixing well.
For the edible worms I cooked spaghetti and added black food colouring.
We also recently made this Cloud Dough Finn loved playing with it.